These gluten free vegan pancakes are AMAZING, honestly. I know this because my boyfriend is not easily convinced with vegan versions of pancakes and he LOVED them. They taste so much better than the buttery, milky version and they are actually healthy.
These gluten free vegan pancakes are also suitable for many diets since they are gluten-free, vegan, and depending on the gluten-free flour you use, may also have a low glycemic index (the sweeteners used in the recipe have a low GI <55). Combined with the protein of the popped quinoa, this recipe will definitely keep you satisfied for the morning. These homemade pancakes are great for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day really. Top them off with your favorite fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup!
Make these pancakes this weekend and comment below with your experience!
1. What you’ll need:
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons popped quinoa
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
2. Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl and slowly add the almond milk and flax egg:
3. Grease a pan with coconut oil and add 2 tbsp of the batter:
4. Once ready, you can eat these gluten free vegan pancakes alone or add your favorite berries and some maple syrup:
Try these gluten free vegan pancakes for breakfast and comment below with your experience!
The Best Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes
Amazing vegan & gluten-free pancakes packed with flavor and fluffiness.
- 1 c gluten free flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp popped quinoa
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- maple syrup
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and slowly whisk in the almond milk and flax egg.
Whisk to form a batter.
Grease a pan with coconut oil and add 2 tbsp of the pancake batter. Flip when bubbles start to appear.
Repeat for remaining batter.
Top it off with maple syrup, bananas, strawberries or blueberries.