This grilled peach salad is perfect for the summer. It’s packed with fresh ingredients and ready in 15 minutes!
Sometimes I find that making salads is much more time consuming than cooking meals, I guess because for salads you always need fresh ingredients whereas you can cook anything from frozen veggies to canned beans. This recipe proves that making salads can be quick and easy!
I also really love fruity salads, every time we go to a restaurant I’m ecstatic when I see a mango carrot salad or a cranberry walnut salad on the menu. So I thought to myself why not try to recreate a version of a healthy fruity salad, hence the grilled peach salad. The peaches in this recipe are saturn peaches (sometimes called donut peaches) which look pretty flat at the top. Combined with the dark leafy green arugula which is packed with phytochemicals that help ward off diseases like cancer, you’ll get a true vitamin rich dish.
This grilled peach salad is perfect for lunch or a side salad dish for dinner, try it today and find out how yummy it is!
1. What you’ll need:
- 2 peaches
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette (1 tbsp lemon juice + 3 tbsp olive oil + 1/2 tsp brown mustard + 1 tsp agave)
- dash olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
2. Slice the peaches into thin slices:
3. Toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes:
4. Brush the sliced peaches with olive oil and grill them for about 5 minutes on each side:
5. Serve the grilled peach salad with the arugula, toasted pine nuts and lemon vinaigrette:
Tag the #the20minutekitchen once you’ve tried this recipe and comment below with your experience!