This bean salad is ready in 5 minutes and can be prepared in advance. It’s made of lentils, navy beans and black beans all of which have amazing health benefits.
Beans are great for preventing heart disease, lowering cholesterol and getting a good source of protein into your plant-based diet. They are also very versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. I remember visiting the farmers market before making this salad to get recipe inspiration and came across an amazing navy bean salad. I immediately tried to adapt it by incorporating lentils, black beans, and red bell pepper to give it an extra crunch.
What’s so awesome about this bean salad is that it can last about 3-4 days in the fridge and you can adapt the recipe for larger quantities. It’s also gluten-free and suitable for a variety of diets.
Try it today for lunch, tag the #the20minutekitchen and leave a comment with your experience!
1. What you’ll need:
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked navy beans
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
2. Dice the bell pepper and chop the parsley:
3. In a large bowl combine the navy beans, lentils, black beans, bell pepper and parsley:
4. Combine olive oil with the lemon juice and pour dressing over the bean salad:
5. Mix all ingredients, season with sea salt and pepper and serve: