Tabbouleh is a middle eastern classic! It’s perfect as a side dish or as a main dish. In this recipe instead of bulgur, I used red quinoa since it’s packed with protein and gluten-free.
To give it a little sweet flavor and crunch, I also added pomegranate seeds. This red quinoa salad is a mega concoction of vitamins and minerals. Mint is great for digestion, nausea, and respiratory disorders. Pomegranates have anti-cancerous properties and may help prevent heart disease. Along with parsley and tomatoes, this salad is perfect to give your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs! Since it’s also easy packable, you can also make this red quinoa tabbouleh in advance and take it with you to work.
Try this recipe today and comment below with your experience!
1. What you’ll need:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cucumber
2. Add 1 cup of boiling water to red quinoa and allow it to cook for 15 minutes:
3. Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes, cucumbers, and shallots and chop the parsley and mint:
4. Remove quinoa from heat and mix with the veggies. Combine the olive oil with lemon juice:
5. Mix all ingredients together and serve!
Try these red quinoa tabbouleh salad for lunch or dinner and comment below with your experience!